Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mindat Museum Display

Check out our Mindat Museum Display! CLICK HERE 


Like many mineral collectors, I have been collecting minerals since I was in elementary school. I attended Montana Tech in Butte, Montana, where I worked as the School's Mineral Museum Student Curator under Lester Zeihen and Richard (Dick) Berg. For family reasons, I transferred to the University of Utah's Geological & Mining Engineering programs in Salt Lake City, Utah. While in my last year of school I had the opportunity to buy Lewis Rock Shop. My mentor, David Lewis Sr., known to many locals (and not so local) as "Old Man Lewis" started me collecting and kept me going through the years, starting in elementary school. At the Rock Shop, now Rockpick Legend Co., I've created a museum-type display of over 500 Utah minerals, rocks, and fossils in an effort to educate and entertain mineral collectors, teachers, students, scouts and everyone with an interest in Utah's rich mineral heritage. My wife, Anita, and I have raised our children in a rock shop life style where they learn rocks and minerals as well as lapidary, jewelry making, and a strong since of good business ethics. Adrienne, our oldest daughter, does our marketing and photography. We have lead expeditions to collecting sites for over 13 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newsletter

Subscribe to our list